Amplifiers, Digitizers and Software
Axon Instruments patch-clamp products provide the complete workflow solution for electrophysiology data acquisition and analysis.
Widely accepted as the gold-standard for ultra low-noise patch clamp recordings, the Axopatch™ 200B Capacitor Feedback Patch Clamp Amplifier is the premier microelectrode amplifier for ultra-low noise patch clamp recordings. Incorporates capacitor-feedback technology and active headstage cooling for single-channel recording, while resistive-feedback circuitry is used for two different ranges of whole-cell recording.
The MultiClamp™ 700B Microelectrode Amplifier is a versatile, computer-controlled microelectrode amplifier designed for patch voltage-clamp (resistive-feedback, four ranges) or high-speed current clamp (voltage-follower, three ranges) recording within the same headstage. Many automated functions and effective signal conditioning. Ideal for many applications, including high-speed current clamp (sharp-electrode or field potentials), patch clamp (whole-cell, macro-patch, or excised patch), voltammetry/amperometry, ion-selective measurements and bilayer recordings. Add two more optional headstage (voltage-follower) inputs for a four-point recording system, ideal for complex synaptic recordings. Major new features of the MultiClamp 700B Amplifier include Internal Automatic Mode switching, triggered by external signals or the recording itself; Oscillation Suppression for better cell protection; and Slow Current Injection to compensate for drifting potentials.
This amplifier features many enhancements that improve its recording capability, make the amplifier easier to use, and your experiments last longer. The Axoclamp 900A Microelectrode Amplifier provides the following modes of operation:
- I-Clamp: Current clamp using two independent bridge amplifiers for voltage measurements
- DCC: Discontinuous current clamp for accurate voltage measurements, even when the electrode resistance changes
- TEVC: High-compliance two-electrode voltage clamp for Xenopus oocytes and mammalian cells
- dSEVC: Discontinuous single-electrode voltage clamp for small cells with large currents
- HVIC: High-voltage current clamp for extracellular applications such as iontophoresis
Data Acquisition Hardware / Digitizers
While offering the same digitization capabilities as its predecessors, the Axon Digidata 1550B Low Noise Data Acquisition System offers up to four HumSilencer channels. This innovative feature allows scientists to record multiple cells simultaneously for higher throughput or cellular network studies without 50/60 Hz line-frequency noise. With only a single click, eliminate the noise obscuring your biological signals of interest and simplify your workflow.
What is HumSilencer?
HumSilencer is an advanced feature that learns, adapts, and removes local 50/60 Hz line-frequency noise patterns and high-frequency harmonics from incoming signal. With a simple ON/OFF check box in Axon AxoScope or Axon Clampex software, HumSilencer enables subtraction of line-frequency noise from your signal.
Data Acquisition Software
Currently in version 10, pCLAMP™ Software fulfills many different experimental needs, such as synchronized stimulation, event detection, and online analysis. It is the most widely-used data acquisition and analysis program for the control and recording of voltage-clamp, current-clamp, and patch-clamp experiments. Three separate applications included are Clampex 10, AxoScope 10, and Clampfit 10.
Axoporator 800A : single-cell electroporation system
The world’s first commercially available single-cell electroporator represents the convergence of biophysics, cell biology, and molecular biology.
The Axoporator® 800A Electroporation System, a dedicated single-cell electroporation system that makes it possible to electroporate individually targeted cells. Provides precise control of voltage pulse and train parameters, resulting in optimized targeted delivery of ions or small molecules into a select number of cells in culture, in tissue or in vivo.
- Ready to use. No computer is necessary. A microscope, a micromanipulator, and a source of micropipettes are everything needed to complete the system.Small footprint for easy positioning near the microscope
- Three different pulse types, configurable in either polarity, ensure the optimal waveform for your application:
- Rectangular “square”
- Bilevel: a special pulse that has been demonstrated to effectively and efficiently deliver genes as large as 14 kb into a cell
- Pulse trains for greatest flexibility of the voltage waveform
- Automatic and manual counters simplify tracking the number of electroporation commands.
- Voltage range up to 100 V provides the optimal voltage for single-cell electroporation, which can be up to several tens of volts in some preparations.
- Available AP-1A-0.1MU headstage with current passing range up to ±100 μA
- Built-in audio monitor with headphone connector changes tone as you near a cell and make contact.
- Resistance display, in combination with audio monitor, provides a useful tool for searching out cells in a tissue slice without visual control
- Stand-alone or computer-controlled pulse start for greatest flexibility and synchronization with electrophysiology experiments. See Related Products section for more details
- Foot switch to trigger pulse start while your hands are busy
- Sync output BNC for synchronization of a third-party recording system
- User guide written by scientific consultants, with the assistance of Axon Instruments staff, for straightforward start-up and as an in-depth reference
Axon Instruments comprehensive portfolio of consumables, supplies and accessories helps you meet your routine and most demanding patch-clamp challenges