Filter by manufacturer:
- ALA Scientific
ALA Scientific Instruments has been helping researchers equip their labs for challenging experiments in biophysics and cellular
Heating / Cooling Devices
Heating/Cooling High Flow in-line Perfusion Cube
The HCPC-G, Heating Cooling Perfusion Cube G is designed to heat or cool a moving volume of liquid for use with a small cell
chamber. The ideal flow rate is between 1.5 and 5ml/min. but flow can be as high as 10ml/min.
- small footprint
- polyimide output tip
- flow rates up to 10ml/min HCPC-G
- low adjustable internal volume
- flexible cable with DIN connector
- built-in temperature sensor in flow path
- compatible w/ALA HCT Controllers & npi PTC controllers
- internal wetted surface is ceramic coated
- low dead volume adjustable from 100-200μl
- fast temperature change at 1° C/sec
Heating/Cooling In-line Perfusion Cube
The Heating and Cooling Perfusion Cube (HCPC) from ALA is a compact, low-volume in-line heating and cooling device made of
ceramic coated aluminum. This allows direct contact with flowing solution for optimal temperature control. The HCPC is ideal
for use on a microscope stage, with its optional magnetic stand (MMT-HCPC), which can easily be mounted onto the MS-Stage.
- Small footprint
- Flow rates up to 5ml/min
- Adjustable internal volume from 100 to 200 μl
- Built-in temperature sensor
- Ceramic coated internal surface
- Polyimide output tip
- Temperature changes at 1° C/sec
- Compatiblility with ALA and npi temperature controllers
Stage Mounted MicroIncubator
The Heating and Cooling Microincubation Stage (HCMIS) from ALA is a microscope-mountable temperature control device for
electrophysiology and imaging preparations. The HCMIS not only heats or cools the base of the chamber or petri dish, but can
the CO2 / O2 mixture around preparations to control the pH level. Options for the HCMIS include magnetic mounting plate
- Accommodation of any MS Chamber or a 35mm Petri dish
- Base compatibility with most microscope stages and platforms – no adapter plates needed
- In-line temperature control of perfusate
- Minimal mechanical noise due to low profile and built-in water cooling ports
- Easy pipette access from any side
- Anodized aluminum construction for stability in imaging and patch clamping
- Fast temperature feedback from built-in thermistor
- Gas ports for oxygenation and/or pH control of preparation
- Compatible with ALA HCT-10 and npi PTC/TC temperature controllers.
Heat Sink for Heating and Cooling Devices
The Coolit from ALA is a rapid low-noise heat sink for the HCPC and the HCMIS.
- Manual pump speed adjustment
- Variable temperature alarms
- Automatic or manual radiator fan speed adjustment
- Compact and lightweight
HCS: Stage Mounted Heat Only MicroIncubator
The Heated Chamber Stage (HCS) from ALA is the ideal solution for maintaining physiological temperatures in 35mm Petri
ALA’s imaging and recording chambers. The stage fits on top of most standard microscope stages including Zeiss, Nikon, Leica,
Olympus. The HCS can also be used on many widely used mounting platforms such as the Gibraltar, Scientifica’s stages, and
Microscope Stage Plate system. Perfusion, grounding, and other additional experimental tools can be easily mounted to stage
mounting holes or magnetically to steel plate. The HCS is compatible with ALA’s HCT temperature controller or npi
complete line of temperature controllers.
OBJ-HEATER: Objective Heater
The Objective Heater (OBJ-HEATER) from ALA features a resistive heater and built-in temperature sensor in a Velcro strap for
wrapping around any size objective. The OBJ-HEATER is excellent for removing cold spots caused by oil or water immersion
when performing electrophysiology or imaging experiments under temperature control.
HPC-G: Heat only in-line Fast Flow Perfusion Cube
The Heated Perfusion Cube G (HPC-G) is a high flow rate perfusion fluid heater. It is designed to heat a flow of liquid to a
temperature before flowing into a cell bath. Flow rates of 10 ml/min can be accommodated with fluid heated from room
to 40°C and above. Heating is accomplished with power resistors and all wetted surface areas are inert materials. The
sensor is embedded in the heated component of the device, but is also in contact with the fluid path way—this provides an
measurement of the fluid temperature and also prevents the system from over-heating in the event it runs dry. The unit is
and it can be opened and cleaned and re-assembled in the field.
HPC-2: Heat Only In-Line Perfusion Cube
The Heated Perfusion Cube (HPC-2) from ALA is a compact and low-volume in-line heater made of ceramic coated aluminum. This
direct contact with flowing solution for optimal heating. The HPC-2 is ideal for use on a microscope stage, with its optional
magnetic stand (MMT-HPC), which can easily be mounted onto the MS-Stage.
- Small footprint
- Flow rates up to 5ml/min
- Adjustable internal volume
- Built-in temperature sensor in fluid path
- Ceramic coated internal surface
- Compatibility with npi temperature controllers
HEATINGPAD-1/2: Heating Pads for Mice/Rats
The Heating Pad for Mice and Rats (Heatingpad-1, Heatingpad-2) from ALA Scientific actively maintains an animal’s body
temperature at pre-set target values for in vivo research. This homeothermic blanket system includes a heating pad, cable,
and TS-1 thermistor probe. The probe is a feedback sensor which provides the temperature of the animal body to the
The Heating Pads come with a thermistor temperature sensor and a 4 pin connector.
This 4 pin connector mates with the optional TC4-Cable for use with ALA Scientific’s HCT temperature controllers or npi’s
ALA Scientific’s HOT-1 handheld temperature controllers mates directly with this 4 pin connector
HCT-30: Digital BiPolar 3 Channel ALA Temperature Controller
The Tri Temp temperature controller was specifically designed for the demanding needs of the laboratory. Specifically built
in electrophysiology (low noise) and imaging, it has features that make it a must for all types of labs where precision
heated and/or cooled small devices are necessary for experimental design and for keeping live tissue viable. The Tri Temp
controller is a 2 ½ channel bipolar controller. It is capable of controlling Peltier devices for cooling applications, as
resistive heating devices. The system has two controlling channels with built-in temperature feedback for automatic control,
additional power supply channel for powering a third device without temperature feedback.
- Heating/Cooling with one controller
- Two control channels with feedback
- One adjustable power supply channel
- Automatic power sharing between channels
- Input/output external control functions
- Built-in temperature switchover for safety
HCT-10: Digital One Channel BiPolar ALA Temperature Controller
One-Channel Bipolar Temperature Controller
The HCT-10 temperature controller is a single-channel heating and cooling controller with an additional external feedback
When using the external sensor, the HCT-10 can detect if the sensor has been removed from the bath or if the bath has run
switching temperature feedback to the internal thermistor of the device being heated.
- Three speeds of operation for varying set-point reach times
- Alarm mode for detection of missing sensor or dry bath
HOT1: Heat Only Hand Held Temperature Controller
The HOT-1 is a handheld general purpose temperature controller for use on devices like ALA’s objective heater or rat/mouse
pads. The device uses a 2252 Ω thermistor for temperature feedback. The device displays set point and actual temperature with
- temperature set point and reading
- thermistor feedback of temperature
- includes power supply
- simple to use
MapplingLab based in Oxford UK, manufactures data acquisition and scientific equipment for cardiac electrophysiological
PCTC1001 Temperature Controller
The temperature setting for PCTC1001 can be programmed. The controller is usually grouped with CH-16 Cubic Heater and TP
Temperature Platform to heat up a perfusion system and maintain the temperature at a desired level in a working chamber. It
also can be connected with TS-01 Test Point Sensor to monitor the temperature. It is an essential instrument for an
research lab, especially for the lab equipped with patch clamp system.
- Easy to install and operate.
- Temperatures display at real time.
- Automatically store user’s setting.
- Built-in thermistor fault protection from overheating.
- External control is available.
- High-accuracy temperature measurement
PCTC2001 Temperature Controller
The PCTC2001 Temperature Controller can be optionally programmed to perform two heating modules. Firstly, it can be simply
operated like a PCTC1001 Temperature Controller. In this module, it is grouped with both CH-16 Cubic Heater and TP-18
Platform to heat up a perfusion buffer and maintain the expected temperature at a desired level in a working chamber.
Secondly, it can act
like two PCTC1001 Temperature Controllers to heat up two independent solution lines. This function is fundamentally useful
researchers to perform a complicated experiment when more than one solution line is required.
- Two set of temperatures display in real time.
- Easy to set up and operate.
- Automatically store the user’s settings.
- Built-in thermistor fault protection from overheating in the event of sensor failure.
- Flexible temperature control.
Accessories and Parts
CH-16 Cubic Heater
The CH-16 Cubic Heater is designed to warm up a solution and sustain the desired temperature at a constant level via a
TP-18 Temperature Platform
The TP-18 Temperature Platform is designed to prevent heat loss from the thermal gradient and maintain a desired solution
TS-03 Test Point Sensor
The TS-03 Test Point Sensor is designed to detect the temperature of a desired point of interest. The testing temperature
be displayed on the front panel of the Temperature Controller.
Scientifica manufacture a fully-motorised, fixed stage, focusing nosepiece, upright microscope for use in
An in-line Peltier heater to provide stable temperature control of physiological solutions.
- Simple control of perfusion solutions
- 0.1 °C control
- Up to 37 °C (at a flow rate of 6ml/m)
- LinLab integration
- In-line peltier heating
In-line Peltier heater
The Scientifica Temperature Controller uses an in-line Peltier heater and allows the heating of perfusion solutions to
physiological temperatures (up to a maximum of 37 degrees Celsius when used at a flow rate of 6ml/m) Temperatures can be
within 0.1 degrees.
The Temperature Controller uses the Scientifica LinLab software for operation and allows adjustment of temperature settings such
as gain and maximum temperature. Actual bath temperature, as well as heater temperature, can be view against the target
through a live graph, shown in the LinLab software and this can be export for reference against sample recordings.