ACQUIFER Next Generation Imaging and High Content Screening.
Acquifer integrate expertise, instruments and tools required for whole organism and cell based technologies: Zebrafish, drosophila and yeast are our favorite model systems.
They convert complex instruments into smart devices and software apps.
ACQUIFER was founded in 2012 as a joint venture of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, KIT (https://www.kit.edu/) European Molecular Biology Laboratory, EMBL (https://www.embl.org/sites/heidelberg/) Agile Partners (http://www.agilepartners.de) and four founding members from Heidelberg and Karlsruhe.
In 2016 ACQUIFER became a part of DITABIS Digital Biomedical Imaging Systems AG.
HCS Imaging Machine
High content screening of motion sensitive specimens
The HCS Imaging Machine is a Smart Image Acquisition System designed for experiment reproducibility, integrating data storage and processing. Easy-to-use machine control and assay configuration allows for a large variety of specimens to be imaged including Zebrafish, Drosophila, Yeast, Spheroids, Cell-based assays and stem cells. Its unique optical and mechanical design is ideal for sensitive specimens, whilst being robust and easy to operate. The Optical unit moves in X, Y and Z with high precision, high speed and high reproducibility and all functions are fully encoded, including light intensity. HCS has a range of interfaces such as "App-based", "Standard", "Advanced", "Smart-Imaging" and "Remote-Master".
- Ultimate reproducibility with production line engineering
- Shear-free sample mounting, fixed sample holder and moving optical unit
- Fast imaging speed for X,Y,Z and multichannel
- Designed for Sensitive Specimen
- Precise control of position, light intensity and environment
- 120V – 240V
- Laser Autofocus @780nm
- 553mm x 528mm x 555mm
- Static sample holder, moving optics block
- Linear Motors with absolute position encoder, 1nm resolution
- Omicron LED-HUB Light Source , up to 6 modules parallel, temperature controlled
- Specimen specific apps include Zebrafish, yeast, drosophila, cell. organoid, spheroid
- Hamamatsu sCMOS 2k x 2k Camera
- Incubation range 20°C – 40°C * if T > ambient temp
- Robotic lid + integrated laminar flow, pressure free
- XY Axis Range ;120 mm x 80 mm, 1nm resolution, linear motor, absolute encoded
- Z Axis Range; 25 mm, 1nm resolution, linear motor , absolute encoded
- 2x, 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x (Nikon)
High Performance Solutions for Large Image Data
HIVE – Solutions for Big Data
The HIVE is a modular platform optimized for image processing and data handling. At its core, HIVE is a High Speed Centralized Data Repository that removes the need to constantly move or duplicate data sets in processing and analysis workflows. Its modular design integrates high speed processing, visualization, remote access, project management, flexibility, data security, scalability and ease of use into one unit. HIVE comprises of three fundamental modules including CORE for processing, NET for communication and DATA for storage into one scalable solution.
- Modular platform
- High speed, centralised data repository
- Easy up-scaling of storage volume
- Each module comes in its own housing
- 61 x 64 x 27 cm (width x depth x height) / module.
- Noise Level < 20db / module
- Starting from 128GB DDR4 RAM (upgradable to 1TB)
- Intel Dual CPU (8-44 core)
- Remote desktop CUDA GPU Processing
- 10TB Data safe storage with RAID5
- 2×10 Gbit/s Ethernet Adapter
- Integrated Software Defined Network (SDN) router to create a secure HIVE network for hosting the connected devices
- 10Gbit/s 12-Port Network Switch with a 240GB/s backbone to ensure a reliable exchange of large data sets
- RAID6 secure data storage with fast access to large data
- Data collection rates at 800 MB/s
- Up to 13 Connected Devices with true 10Gbit/s
- Windows Server 2012 R2